Sunday, May 29, 2016

Week 10 (Reflection)-

Current Update: Barefoot with feet up and taking three seats while flying to Scotland! (Finally have window seat!!)

I still remember the days that I prayed for the things that I have now. God has blessed me with the perfect timing of this study abroad experience. Not only have I been able to reconnect with old friends, but I have created new friendships too. That may be one of my favorite aspects about this trip. Many of us came as strangers, but we have left as great friends. The people I have spent the last few months with have made me laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger, and live just a little bit better. Each of them has impacted me for the better and because of them my heart has grown. So thank you for:
-Proving to me that I am beautiful & pushing me to be more free spirited
-Opening my heart again
-Giving me confidence & dancing with me from night #1
-Teaching me to be proud of who I am
-Always including me & sharing a few “firsts”
-Knowing how to make me smile
-Proving intelligence is sexy
- Being my long lost sister who shared anything I needed
-Showing me kindness
-Giving me an example
-Showing me a good time
-Always being so sweet & easy to talk to
-Showing me independence
-“Bed nugs” & laughter
-Always bringing positivity into every conversation
-Staying humble and kind through everything
-Barrowing anything and being so giving
-Being great company
-Reconnecting & late night talks like we never lost touch
-Letting me know that everything will be okay when it’s chaos
-Showing me home is where my roots are
-Always looking out for me & our balcony talks
-Showing me that beauty is not only what’s on the outside
-Showing me being single can be powerful  

Along with the blessing of having such amazing friends, I have learned a lot about myself. The young woman that left home has grown into a woman who has more confidence to follow her dreams believing in herself and independence to seek more possibilities. I have learned to be okay with not knowing for sure what might happen next, but at the same time knowing that whatever does happen it will be okay.
            The past three months have been full discovery and memories I would do over and over. One of the best feelings I’ve ever experienced is feeling tiny, humble, and yet inspired all at the same time. This overcame me time and time again giving me butterflies as I explored new countries. I’ve been blessed to check off nine more countries off my bucket list and soon to be number ten!
            It feels as though I have been living in a world without reality and where only magic exists. My childlike sense of wonder has taken over me and with every breath it seems as though I could breathe fire as I speak of my dreams. It’s been one grand adventure remembering what it feels like to be alive, and I’m holding onto that tight.

After filling my passport of stamps I have fire in my heart and wonder in my eyes. And with that I am going to continue to escape the ordinary and give myself a lifetime of adventures.  



Here are a few of my favorite captured memories that I will easy knock the wind out of me someday when I'm looking back. 























No comments:

Post a Comment