Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Salty air & sun kissed hair

Breakfast by the beach
Greece: sun, sand, the sea & me

Exhausted from 30+ hours of travel, I grabbed my bag full of energy and rushed out to find my driver who would take me to my beach hotel. Upon arriving, I wasn’t able to get into my room right away so I ate breakfast right next to the beach and then went to lie down on a beach chair to enjoy the sound of the waves. It was then that I felt the sun kiss my skin and warm my heart. I took a deep breath in, closed my eyes and for the first time in a long time everything felt inspiring.
The next morning I woke up to my mother’s voice
Shopping in Mykonos
outside my door and jumped so far out of bed it seemed as though I had already made it halfway to the door! Between the hugs and smiles we were stumbling over ourselves because our words were coming out faster than what our minds could process! With smiles still stretched ear-to-ear we headed for breakfast. Having breakfast right next to the beach was something that I would never get tired of.
Made it to shore!
Three generations
For the next two weeks we made memories, shared laughter, and felt free to be adventurous. Together we traveled to Santorini, discovered the city of Mykonos, and truly relaxed while taking in the culture of Greece. Some of my favorite moments were made from simplicity, retelling stories with our toes in the sand all awhile falling in love.. with sangria’s of course! Most evenings ended with our skin a little tanner, tummy’s full of pasta, and happy hearts looking forward to the next day in paradise.

Greece was the last stop of my 3-month adventure and it was there that I left another piece of my heart. It may have been the end of my trip, but it was not the end of my travels. The pictures you see are captured moments of feeling alive again.

Greece. It was more than a memorable three-generation trip, Greece was my bliss.







My bliss: where the waves kissed my feet









No comments:

Post a Comment